5 random facts about myself:
- I have written several screenplays, nearly a whole novel and some monologues
- I have different coloured eyes
- I worked on BBC’s Hinterland
- I have performed across the UK doing improvised comedy
- My dad’s name is Will Power (seriously)
4 things on my bucket list:
- To visit Italy
- To get my book published
- To have children
- To launch a full range of illustrated products
3 things I hope for this year:
- To get enough students together for a GCSE Media class
- To get our TED style talk initiative to take off
- To live up to my role and support others through the year
2 things that have made me laugh or cry as an educator:
- Laugh: student logic and general awkward navigation of being teenagers. There are so many stories, I wouldn’t even know where to start!
- Laugh/cry (in a positive way!): student enthusiasm for little clubs or idiosyncrasies in lessons. I have a Mario mushroom I throw around and use for quick fire grammar games. it was an off the cuff activity which has now become a permanent feature because of the boundless joy and excitement when the ‘Grammarshroom’ is brought out!
- Bonus: I get weirdly emotional sometimes when speaking to parents about how well their child is doing and if they say anything nice to me. I think I just don’t really know how to respond and my body just goes into reaction overdrive and start welling up! I even get it if a child emails to say thank you or just says thank you at the end of the lesson as they leave. It’s all very strange!
1 thing I wish more people knew about me:
- I am massively insecure, and worry constantly I am not doing a good job. I sometimes overcompensate for this and try to mask it with bounciness and cheer, but it overwhelms me every so often. I wish people knew that’s why I am the way I am and why I run things by people so much. I just hope it makes my habits less annoying, or at least provides a reason for them!
There you have it! If you are thinking of blogging, you could maybe try this one as a first post. It’s a pretty easy one to write, and it can be quite short too! That’s all from me, so thanks for stopping by!